Wednesday 10 September 2014

Welcome to my little place

Hello there everybody!
Hi hi. Hi. Hi...
Yeah, I actually have no idea what to write. It's kind of hard and awkward to write my first post, but I guess I will give it a try by telling about my plans on this blog:
As many (probably all) of you know, I'm soon moving to Scotland to study my Master's degree on Publishing Studies in the University of Stirling. I am a BA in English, from the University Complutense (which actually is not that awesome, but the people that took part on that chapter of my life is) and I spend one year in Iceland as an Erasmus student (where I met a lot more of great and unforgettable people). That fact really changed my life, for I met the person for whom I moved back to Iceland after finishing my degree. I lived and worked there for two years, and then I found out what my next step would be, and here I am.
So I've created this blog to keep you all updated. Since I know people from all around the world (more or less) I decided to write in English. If you have any trouble, just click the translator option on the right (although if you are understanding this, you don't really need to do so) and choose a language. Easy peasy.

About the title and url of my blog, I will mention the reasons on why I chose them:
A Tale of Three Cities: I think it's pretty obvious. In some way, I wanted to honour my degree and everything I learnt in those wonderful five years by using Charles Dickens' piece A Tale of Two Cities, also so it's somehow related to my current studies. Why "three" cities, though? Because that's the number of cities that helped me grow as a person: Madrid, Reykjavík and now, Stirling. And I thought it was smart, clever and cool. So I used it. And if you think it's lame, you might be right, but if you know what kind of jokes I like, you shouldn't be surprised :D
And the reason for the url is simple: my name (paula) and the first initials of my first family name: DL:di-el if named in English but written in Spanish, which oddly enough sounds as the last two syllabes of my last family name (Gu-DIEL). TÁ-DÁ!! Magic!
You might thing that's also name, but I`m not a poet or a talented writer as some of you are. At least, not yet!

So there you go, my first post in my second blog. I hope you like it, I hope you'll follow and I hope you'll enjoy.


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Paula,

    Do you have any idea how proud of you I am?

    Good luck in this new adventure. Go there, laugh, learn, live, grow and after all that, come back home., Sassenach.
    And remember: "De Madrid, al cielo" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "but if you know what kind of jokes I like, you shouldn't be surprised :D" I DO know

    ReplyDelete
  4. ÓC, tú ve informándonos regularmente. Besis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula, me encantaría hacerte este comentario en ingles, pero si quiero que sepas lo que te tengo que decir, mejor lo hago en castellano...jjj...estamos muy orgullosos de ti, te lo he dicho muchas veces, eres una valiente.... vive y disfruta. Y, por supuesto, cuéntanos de tu experiencia.
    Te esperamos
    ah! prometo ponerme con el ingles para poder hablar con tu chico en vuestra próxima visita
    un abrazo

    ReplyDelete