Monday 15 September 2014

Have faith

That's my new motto. "Have faith". I acquired it last July, when my friends were (FINALLY) visiting me in Iceland, and travelling around. Not viceversa. Nope.
My friends Lucía and Sara went to Iceland with their friend and boyfriend, and Sara's boyfriend talked about having faith. Not in God or anything, just having faith. "When I'm looking for a parking spot, I have faith on finding it right in the place I want to find it. And it happens. It's all about having faith". So I decided to follow this philosophy.
I was tired and hopeless yesterday, but today I had to get in a train to Edinburgh (my father had some trouble and had to go to the hospital... everything is fine now, no need to talk about this any longer :) ) and that's when I realised I was okay here. I visited this wonderful city that I loved from the very first minute I stepped there. So after all the hard time yesterday, I remembered "HAVE FAITH".
Back to Stirling, I attended a dinner at my dorms building with a lot of people who live here. (It felt weird not to say "Takk fyrir mig" after dinner or the whole evening, so I guess I became a bit of Icelander after all). That really helped A LOT. Then we went out for a beer. Or even two.
So I started to talk around with the people, just mingling in and getting to know them. I found out that I wasn't the only one down and blue on their first day! Others even BURSTED IN TEARS last evening! So I wasn't the only one suffering the fears...  I knew that I needed some time to meet people and find my place, but everyone has always some doubts... and that happened to me.
But like I said, I had FAITH.
And so everything changed :) And now I know many neighbours of mine that hopefully will my staying better and fun.

Tomorrow I will be attending to the first session of the semester. WISH ME LUCK!

2 comments:

  1. Ástin mín, I knew you would feel better as soon as you would start meeting the people there :) I am really happy that you are enjoying yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´m late to wish you luck for your first session but I send you tons of FAITH and even a little, tiny bit of luck. Good luck, of course.
    So you finally became an Icelander... Hum, it was about time, my dear! LOL We should make out a word for this. Spanishnder? Icepanisher? Eww. Better putting my idea to rest. In peace ;)
    Te leo! Mwaks!

    ReplyDelete