Wednesday 18 March 2015

Game against St. Andrew's

It's been a while since the last post, huh?

After that weekend in Glasgow, we had to play St. Andrew's AGAIN on Monday. This was however a BUCS game, so it was the universities league. Just the league we've been playing all season. If I remember correctly, St. Andrew's was the first team that Stirling played against in this season, but I wasn't a member of the team  yet, so I missed that one. And apparently, there was a very big difference in the score.
Nobody hits ma Kay and leaves freely...SO WE WON!
Eat that, St Andrew's!
Then again, we played against them on Saturday in Glasgow, and we lost 0-9. However on Monday... oh god, best game of the season. Best game EVER. We played so brilliantly! I couldn't be happier, and prouder of being a part of this team. FINAL RESULT: VICTORY! 5-3!!!! It was an amaaaaaaazing game!
**Edit: I was reminded of some aggressive manouvers that were carried by St. Andrew's. Kayleigh ended up being punched on the cheek and a scratch under her eye, as well as Bethany! Their desperation for winning made them take extreme measures. Girls, learn the lesson: violence won't make you win. Being better and brilliant DOES. However, we could hear their coach saying "This shouldn't be happening, Stirling is shit!" oh well... BUT WE WON! (Although later confessions brought up Kayleigh's mum pointing out that St. Andrew's was supposed to be good. Well... thanks to Kay's mum for the support and confidence, I guess? :p )
Also, I'm remembering now seeing their goalie being sick on Sunday in Glasgow in a LIDL bag. And missing...
Apparently, one of their players also twisted her finger. Like Kay said: "Karma's a bitch". Eat that St. Andrew's.

Forgot to talk about the BRILLIANT REFEREEING that day. GIANNIS was very sad because I hadn't mentioned anything about it when I wrote this post, so GIANNIS told me that he was disappointed and I should write something about GIANNIS' brilliant performance as a ref. Because he read his name 1000 times when I last posted about him reffing, so GIANNIS wanted to see that again.
Right before the game GIANNIS warned me that he would kick me out the game if I complained about anything he did wrong while refereeing, because apparently St. Andrew's coach is super professional. So I told GIANNIS that I would behave properly (LIKE I NEVER DO???) but he also had to do a proper job. So GIANNIS did. He's now very proud and has acquired some weird facebook stickers/emojis of refs. Shouldn't be writing about GIANNIS on my post, this was a bad idea.

(Still, Giannis, dick of the day, just because! :D)
Scorers: Stef (3), Becky and Me (1). And here I wanted to thank Stef for showing up and congratulations and good luck in her Masters in Madrid! It was a big effort for her to make this game, and it was very important for us so we owe her big time. So sincerely THANK YOU, Stef!

The heroes of the day

So after that great game we had to celebrate. We had beaten ST. ANDREW'S! And oh god, do never promise anything before a game...
Me.- "Girls, if we win..."
Kayleigh.- "Paula is staying for a second masters!"
Me.- "Haha, sure! And also, we go out to celebrate and DRINKS ARE ON ME!"

Bad idea. We won. So we had to celebrate. So we went to a bar-restaurant close to my place called "The Meadow Park" and... we had a few drinks. We were ECSTATIC so we ordered a bit on a rush and the bartender got one order wrong, he served an extra cocktail. I ordered Cosmopolitan (MY FAVOURITE EVER) and Judy ordered a Sex on the beach (my second favourite) and he served two of those. So I kept the extra one! woohoo! TWO COCKTAILS, why not?
Then I headed to ASH to meet Sergios, Aidan and some friends of his and joined the rest in town. We hit Dusk and OH MAN that was fun!! :D


Also, I want to say thank  you to my Alangrange Bitches for showing up and root for us! You made my evening, and I'm so glad that you attended this game because honestly it was AWESOME and we did best than ever. You are stars!

Pretty short text today but this was so long ago I don't remember many of the details... I'm asking the girls to suggest me ideas about what to write but they being big contributors. Sure, they all DEMANDED me to write a blog about this, so I did, but now... where are the ideas? :p


(I know I should add pictures to this post, but I'm in a hurry  now to do that, so I'll edit and post some tonight! Time for some kettlebells and insanity! WOOP, WOOP!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment