Wednesday 22 October 2014

Waterpolo in Aberdeen

If any of you know me well, you should know what one of my hobbies is.
Yeah, that's right, sleeping is one of them, but that's not what I was meaning.
Any more?
Sure, browsing dog puppy pictures on google is also fun, but that's what not I was talking about.

Okay, I guess that you don't know yet...
WATERPOLO!
I've played this sport since I was 15, and I've been always a star. But I never shone. And yes, I am very humble.
Now talking seriously, one of my biggest interests in life is waterpolo. No matter where I go, in which country I'm living, I always join for a team.
It is true that I left it on a side for a year, and believe me, it was a nightmare of a year. I'm not sure if it's related, or if it was the circumstances, but I was so unmotivated, always so moody, and very apathetic.
Now, in Stirling, I've joined the waterpolo team in univesity. I'm one of the experienced players, and for sure not the best one, but we have tons of newbies that are really promising. I wish that I had been that good when I started. It's so much fun to be part of a team again, and feel that "family" sensation. But what I enjoy the most is that people play to have FUN. To enjoy the moment, to learn and get better, to be social. And that's my phylosophy too, so perfect match!

Our debut as a team this season was on the 11th of October in Aberdeen. That's a 'very' big city (anything is big compared to Stirling...) that is in the coast. I didn't get to visit it, but we drove (*cough*,*cough*) around quite a bit and I really liked it. Call me weird if you'd like, but what really caught me was the cementery. IT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE SEA. How cool is that. If you are a sea lover, you can, (or could, since it seemed pretty crowded) be buried there and just watch the sea and sunrise everyday, for the rest of eternity. Call me crazy, but that idea delighted me.



Now on the Granite Cup tournament. THAT was just for fun. Rules were pretty loose, the pool had a shallow end (I don't care what people say: it's unfair, uncomfortable and against the rules, so SAY NO TO SHALLOW END IN WATERPOLO), games where short... but it was fun, social and I got to know my team members. There weren't even prizes! So it was nice. No pressure, just practise and learning. The games started pretty well, we didn't win or anything, but the score difference wasn't very big. It started growing as we played more matches, but it's normal. We were tired, out of shape... It will get better. Just some hard work is needed!

                           

Scariest part of the day was on the way back. It was dark, and we were running out of gas, with no petrol station around. And because that wasn't enough, the traffic was diverted, so it was even harder to get a service station! We panicked a bit, wondering if we would run out of petrol completely and that would be our end... but, in case you didn't notice, we survived. Well, at least me, but I won't tell what happened at the end. (Creepy).

And that's all by now. More to come soon.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment